- Reduce your Refresh by 1. (Unless this is an all-Changeling campaign.)
- Pick a Seeming and take an aspect which reflects it.
- Choose two Gifts which reflects the capabilities of your Seeming.
- Come up with the details of your life before being taken and choose an aspect to reflect it.
- Come up with the details (or not) of your durance and choose an aspect to reflect it.
- Come up with the details of your life since escaping and choose an aspect to reflect it.
Each has three skills which are the most common for its Gifts to be attached to, but this isn’t a hard and fast rule.
Beasts have an advantage interacting with animals but have a difficult time with abstract and intellectual matters.
Skills: Athletics, Fighting, Notice
Darklings are naturally stealthy but have a difficult time using magic during the day or when in direct sunlight.
Skills: Deceit, Investigation, Stealth
Elementals are very difficult to harm but have a hard time relating to humans socially.
Skills: Athletics, Physique, Will
Fairest are adept at social interactions but have a tendency towards cruelty.
Skills: Deceit, Contacts, Rapport
Ogres are very strong but tend to be gullible and easy to influence. (Change to violent temper?)
Skills: Fighting, Intimidation, Physique
Wizened are nimble but tend to be spiteful.
Skills: Crafts, Lore, Resources
Gifts are like stunts but reflect the capabilities of your Seeming. As such, they are beyond human capabilities and are often magical. See the Blessings of the Viziers in the FATE Magic System Toolkit or the Kith Blessings from Changeling: the Lost for inspiration.
Any pledge or contract becomes an aspect that stays with you until it is fulfilled, which is why most Changelings make sure to time-delimit them. You cannot resist compels on pledges (or you can, but you exchange the pledge aspect for a permanent oath-breaker aspect). Not sure if you should be limited in the number of pledge aspects you can have.
Iron in physical contact to a Changeling disrupts their mask and makes them unable to use their gifts or magic.
Using “The Subtle Art” from the FATE Magic System Toolkit or do Dresden-style Seasonal Magic skills (if you want them). They work like regular skills but can have longer duration if attached to a pledge (they last as long as the pledge).